- This event has passed.
Red Hot Red Cross Chili Fest!
November 9, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Who Doesn’t LOVE Chili?
And Who Doesn’t LOVE What the Red Cross Does in our Local Community?
Help a veteran & have some fun doing it!
This is a sell-out event every year – come and join us!
You can either ENTER YOUR CHILI and compete for the coveted Red Cross Chili Bowl or just come and do what you do best – EAT & JUDGE chili! (Competitors, fill out the form at the bottom of this page.)
Entry fee for Chili Makers: $10
General Admission: $10 or a ‘Warmer Winters’ donation**
- Free chili, cornbread, and popcorn
- Games and prizes
- Cash Bar – Beer & Wine & soft drinks
**gift-wrapped NEW item in original packaging (gloves, scarf, hat or socks). Please label the item(s) with the size (L, XL, 2XL & 3XL preferred)
- Competition is open to the public, One entry per contestant
- Entry fee for competitors will be $10. 100% of your fee will go to the Red Cross.
- No age limit to compete, must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol at the event.
- Judging will be done by people’s choice, each guest during the event will be given a voting sheet. Yes, competitiors are allowed to vote – and it is highly suggested you DO vote for yourself and invite friends & family to attend & do the same!
There are two categories:
-Best Overall Chili
-Best Presentation (chili/table/competitor)
- Participants must provide a minimum of 6-8 quarts (a large crockpot) full of chili & a serving ladle. If you have it, it’s helpful to us if you can bring an extension cord for your crockpot.
- Cape Cod Beer will provide tables, ice, tasting cups, napkins, and spoons
- We will have cornbread and popcorn for the event
- All ingredients MUST be edible. Ingredients can be canned or fresh. All chili must be homemade, no store or restaurant bought chili allowed. Competitors must provide a way to keep their chili hot.
- All entries MUST have an ingredients list displayed at all times. Please bring a sheet of paper with your ingredients listed. This is for allergen safety issues. THIS IS IMPORTANT. We want everyone to be safe!
- Competitors are required to arrive at Cape Cod Beer (1336 Phinney’s Lane Hyannis) at 6 P.M. on the day of the competition. Clean up will begin after the judging of the chili and awarding of prizes.
- All results for the competition will be announced at the end of the party
- ….and most importantly have fun!!!!
COMPETITOR REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED AS WE HAVE REACHED THE MAX NUMBER OF COMPETITORS. PLEASE COME, EAT, JUDGE & HAVE FUN!