Cape Cod Beer is a 19 year old self distributing microbrewery located in Hyannis MA, on Cape Cod and distributes beer within a 50 mile radius of the brewery. We have 20+ year-round employees. We’re the “old guard” in the local craft beer world, which means we’ve been around the block a couple of times and are working on doing things as efficiently as we can, and making things as easy as we can for our team while still doing them to the best of our ability. This is certainly true in our Distribution Team.
At the height of the summer season we have over 650 accounts pouring and selling our beer to a thirsty public! We need strong, street smart, customer- focused Distribution Associates to get that beer to them. If that sounds like you.. read on!
This job is about balancing customer service and efficiency. It’s about being the eyes and ears of the sales team, while also knowing the ins and outs of getting around Cape Cod when traffic can be at its worst! We’re busy in the summer – but do the work year round. We like to have 3 year round people in Distribution and 2 summer people to help share the load. Our Distro team likes to work hard play hard, and get the job done. Most days you will be two to a truck and making 20+ stops a day – but there is plenty of time in the off season when you’re working on special projects and helping out around the brewery.
As a self-distributing microbrewery, it is essential that the people who interface with our Customers on a day to day basis have exceptional customer service and people skills. They also must have a keen eye and attention to detail to notice possible issues in the field and ways to grow sales at existing accounts. Along with these skills, our Distribution & Sales Support crew must be able to safely deliver kegs and boxes weighing between 50 and 165 pounds using hand trucks and equipment provided. They must be comfortable driving a box truck around Cape Cod, including narrow streets like Provincetown, Mashpee Commons, and downtown Chatham. We utilize state of the art software to track deliveries and assets, so some technical skills are helpful. Driving knowledge of Cape Cod and clean driving record required. Must be 21+. No exceptions. Knowledge of Cape Cod Beer, it’s brands and company history helpful.
This is a YEAR ROUND job and has paid personal benefits including health & dental, and a Simple IRA with 3% match..plus a weekly beer allowance, and a brewery store discount. This position does not require a CDL, but does require a clean driving record, and is only open to applicants who are over 21, can pass a DOT physical and have previous experience driving a box truck. If you are under 21, don’t have a clean driving record, or can’t pass a DOT physical please see our Distribution Assistant position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learning and using our sales and route management system
- Loading trucks for delivery
- Driving delivery routes, delivering Cape Cod Beer in kegs and cases to wholesale customers
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Keeping vehicles clean, safe, and in good working order
- Maintaining a neat and clean personal appearance
- Providing customer draught system support as necessary
- Ensuring proper customer inventory rotation and championing keg management
- Looking for ways to improve sales and customer relations
- Communicating with sales staff to build sales and improve business and with production staff to guarantee a smooth transition between production and distribution.
- Helping out in any or all other aspects of the business is sometimes required, including retail sales, production/filling, cleaning, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate and drive a box truck.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, suppliers and customers, and provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively manage time while also being detail and quality focused.
- Must be in excellent physical condition, demonstrate a strong work ethic, be able to use a hand truck and pallet jack, climb stairs, stoop in close quarters, fill and move kegs (165 lbs.) and other related work throughout the day.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team.
- Must be on time, responsible, dependable, and a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a well developed sense of humor.
- Must enjoy good beer, and have a good sense of humor.
- Must be 21+ to apply for this job
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a DOT physical.
- A CDL is NOT required for this position.
- Cape Cod Beer is a non-smoking company. No exceptions.
This position pays up to $22 an hour, based on experience, and includes full benefits after 90 days, and a “safe driving” bonus every 6 months of safe driving.
Cape Cod Beer, Inc, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.