So you think you have the BEST CHILI AROUND?
Red Hot Red Cross Chili Competition Rules and Regulations:
We are still accepting registrations to compete!
- Competition is open to the public, One entry per contestant
- Entry fee for competitors will be $10. This will include tickets for 2 free beer for your efforts! (a $10 value). 100%of your fee will go to the Red Cross.
- No age limit to compete, must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol at the event.
- Judging will be done by people’s choice, each guest during the event will be given a voting sheet. Yes, competitiors are allowed to vote – and it is highly suggested you DO vote for yourself!
There are two categories:
-Best Overall Chili
-Best Presentation (crazy outfits and props welcome)
- Participants must provide a crockpot full of chili.
- Cape Cod Beer will provide tables, ice, tasting cups, napkins, and spoons
- We will have cornbread and popcorn for the event
- All ingredients MUST be edible. Ingredients can be canned or fresh. All chili must be “homemade”, no store or restaurant bought chili allowed. Competitors must provide away to keep their chili hot.
- All entries MUST have an ingredients list displayed at all times. Please bring a sheet of paper with your ingredients listed. This is for allergen safety issues. THIS IS IMPORTANT. We want everyone to be safe!
- Each competitor will be assigned a number and given sample cups for judging. Judging will take place over the duration of the event.
- Competitors are required to arrive at Cape Cod Beer (1336 Phinney’s Lane Hyannis) NO LATER than 5:30 P.M. on the day of the competition. Clean up will begin after the judging of the chili and awarding of prizes.
- All results for the competition will be announced at the end of the party
- ….and most importantly have fun!!!!