Have you always wanted to work at a brewery … just can’t quit your day job!?
If you have time on the weekends and time on weekdays after 6pm, then we want to talk to you!
HELP WANTED: Part Time Retail/Event Associate (aka Party People!)
Shifts Available: Saturdays, Sundays and Occasional Afternoons and Evenings
We want our visitor’s brewery experience to be world class. We pride ourselves on making world class, award winning beer, and we want an amazing retail staff to showcase our talents, efforts and to provide an amazing customer experience. The Part Time retail associate helps round out our year round staff so that we can say YES to more private and public parties – and more live music! – so that we have enough people to make sure all our events and retail hours are covered.
This job makes you one of Cape Cod Beer’s hands on go-to retail associates. While your primary focus will be on customer experience, namely assisting customers and performing tastings, you will also help maintain the look and feel of our retail shop, replenish stock, clean, refill growlers and more. This position reports directly to the Retail Manager, Cara Lombardi.
The perfect candidate takes great pride in providing an incredible customer experience to everyone who walks through our door – tourists and locals alike. This includes talking about our beer, the process of making our beers and Cape Cod in general. We expect you to be hard working, dependable, reliable, outgoing and have a good sense of humor – in no particular order – as each of these elements is essential for your success. Knowledge of craft beer essential and home brewing helpful, but don’t worry if these aren’t your strengths, as long as you want to learn, and are willing to learn, we can teach you. People passionate about our business and/or our industry will get first preference.
Please note: If you’re grumpy, set in your ways, hate beer, or hate people – PLEASE DON’T APPLY! Seriously. This is a job for a fun happy person. While we know that everyone thinks it would be cool to work at a brewery – if you do not genuinely LIKE people and specifically TOURISTS, please don’t apply.
Scheduled hours will vary based on your availability. We need candidates to be able to work 1-2 weekends a month. Specifically that’s four shifts a month. If you can work more… perfect! but given the tight labor market we’re willing to work with the right people! You may be asked to work after-hours events as part of your position and flexibility and enthusiasm to participate in those requests is required. Basically we are looking for people with Saturday, Sunday and evening availability (like 6:30pm to 9pm). Pay for this position is $14.25/hr plus tips with increases for employees acting as keyholder, giving the tour or who get advanced certification. And yes you do get free beer and an awesome employee discount. Plus we pay for your tips certification, cicerone testing, and more.
- Ability to drive sales through excellent customer service.
- Must be energetic, hardworking, positive, enthusiastic and have a good sense of humor
- Must be able to perform cash and credit transactions with speed and accuracy.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment SAFELY.
- Willing to learn and share the history, culture, and experience of the business repeatedly throughout the day to individuals, and to large groups, with a smile on your face.
- Willing and able to lead customers through a tasting and answer questions about the brewing process during operating hours (after training of course).
- Willing and able to manage lines/crowds in retail space, to keep flow.
- Able to replenish from stock, lifting and moving boxes, cases of beer and retail items.
- Able to stock shelves and maintain stockroom in a neat, clean & orderly fashion
- Able to receive and stock products in inventory using defined standard operating procedures.
- Able to utilize technology in your job. POS knowledge helpful.
- Able to come up with cool, quippy appropriate saying for our swinger sign.
- Must be able to participate in and pass online TIPS training
- Able to lift items over 50 pounds.
To apply please fill out below:
Note this is NOT a full time job – nor will it likely lead to a full time job. This is just evening and Saturday & Sunday work.