- This event has passed.
Salsa Fest 2019
May 3, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
7th Annual Salsa Fest
Friday, May 3, 2019
6PM – 8:30PM
Featuring a Salsa contest, music, beer, beer margaritas, and our HOT BLONDE.
Get working on your favorite Salsa recipes ~ prizes will be awarded!
Come for the competition or come for the party and be a judge!
Winners will have bragging rights in the following categories:
🌶 Best Overall
🌶 Most Innovative/Creative/Best Presentation – Costume and Otherwise
To compete you must pre-register your Salsa via the registration form below.
If you just want to attend (and eat and judge) just show up at the brewery the night of the event!
A huge thank you to Sam Diego’s in Hyannis who has donated all the tortilla chips for our last 6 Salsa Fests…we’re in contact with them again this year and hopefully, we’ll be enjoying their chips again!
Cape Cod Beer Salsa Competition Rules and Regulations:
We are accepting registrations to compete! Please Fill out the form below
- Competition is open to the public, One entry per contestant
- Entry fee for competitors will be $5. This will include tickets for 2 free beers for your efforts! (a $12 value).
- No age limit to compete must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol at the event.
- Judging will be done by people’s choice, each guest during the event will be given a voting sheet. Yes, competitors are allowed to vote – and it is highly suggested you DO vote for yourself!
There are 2 categories:
-Best Overall Salsa
-Most Innovative/Creative Salsa/Best Presentation (crazy outfits and props welcome)
- Participants must provide a minimum of 1 gallon of salsa for tasting. Remember if you run out – the voters can’t choose you.
- Cape Cod Beer will provide tables, ice, tasting cups, napkins, and spoons, as well as lots and lots of chips (courtesy of Sam Diegos!)
- All ingredients MUST be edible. Ingredients can be canned or fresh. All salsa must be “homemade”, no store bought salsa allowed. Competitors must provide an ice cooler to keep their salsa refrigerated.
- All entries MUST have an ingredients list displayed at all times. Please plan to email your list of ingredients to us in advance. This is for allergen safety issues. THIS IS IMPORTANT. We want everyone to be safe!
- Each competitor will be assigned a number and given sample cups for judging. Judging will take place over the duration of the event.
- Competitors are requested, but not required to submit their recipes for possible future publication. There will be no remuneration for recipes, just bragging rights. Please indicate the level of heat for all salsas (mild, medium, hot)
- Competitors are required to arrive at Cape Cod Beer (1336 Phinney’s Lane Hyannis) NO LATER than 5:30 P.M. on the day of the competition. Clean up will begin after the judging of the salsa and awarding of prizes.
- All results for the competition will be announced at the end of the party
- ….and most importantly have fun!!!
Salsa Fest Competitor Registration