Who Doesn’t LOVE Chili?
And Who Doesn’t LOVE What the Red Cross Does in our Local Community?
This is a sell-out event every year – come and join us!
When: Friday, November 10, 2017 • 6:30- 9:00 PM
What: You can either ENTER YOUR CHILI and compete for the coveted Red Cross Chili Bowl or just come and do what you do best – EAT & JUDGE chili!
Entry fee for Chili Makers: $10 (which includes 2 beer tickets)
General Admission: $10 or a ‘Comfort and Joy donation**
- Free chili, cornbread, and popcorn
- Games and prizes
- Kids activities
- Cash Bar – Beer & Wine
Where: Cape Cod Beer
1336 Phinneys Lane
Hyannis, MA 02601
This event also includes the release of one of our exclusive, super limited Pilot Brews. More to follow!
- Competition is open to the public, One entry per contestant
- Entry fee for competitors will be $10. This will include tickets for 2 free beer for your efforts! (a $10 value). 100%of your fee will go to the Red Cross.
- No age limit to compete, must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol at the event.
- Judging will be done by people’s choice, each guest during the event will be given a voting sheet. Yes, competitiors are allowed to vote – and it is highly suggested you DO vote for yourself and invite friends & family to attend & do the same!
There are two categories:
-Best Overall Chili
-Best Presentation (crazy outfits and props welcome)
- Participants must provide a 6-8 quarts (a large crockpot) full of chili. If you have it, it’s helpful to us if you can bring an extension cord for your crockpot.
- Cape Cod Beer will provide tables, ice, tasting cups, napkins, and spoons
- We will have cornbread and popcorn for the event
- All ingredients MUST be edible. Ingredients can be canned or fresh. All chili must be “homemade”, no store or restaurant bought chili allowed. Competitors must provide away to keep their chili hot.
- All entries MUST have an ingredients list displayed at all times. Please bring a sheet of paper with your ingredients listed. This is for allergen safety issues. THIS IS IMPORTANT. We want everyone to be safe!
- Each competitor will be given sample cups for judging. Judging will take place over the duration of the event.
- Competitors are required to arrive at Cape Cod Beer (1336 Phinney’s Lane Hyannis) NO LATER than 6 P.M. on the day of the competition. Clean up will begin after the judging of the chili and awarding of prizes.
- All results for the competition will be announced at the end of the party
- ….and most importantly have fun!!!!
COMPETITOR REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!